For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions of attendance:
"The Awards" means the event staged to announce the winners of The Footprint Awards.
"Organiser" means the Footprint Media Group (FMG) or its subsidiaries.
"Delegate" means an individual, whether part of a group or otherwise, by whom, or on behalf of whom a booking has been made which has been confirmed by the Organiser and the Registration Fee paid in full (including VAT) to the Organiser and who is entitled to attend The Awards and includes those registered as Footprint Forum Member Delegates and non-Member Delegates.
"Registration Fee" means all monies owing to the Organiser, the payment of which entitles an individual to attend The Awards.
"Substitution" means any circumstance where a Delegate who has paid in full is unable to attend The Awards and arranges for another individual to attend The Awards in their place, in agreement with the Organiser.
- By registering for and/or attending The Awards, all Delegates agree to be bound by, and comply with, these Terms and Conditions. It is the Delegate's responsibility to read and understand these Terms and Conditions. In order to attend The Awards as a Delegate, participants must pay in full or have paid in full on their behalf the Registration Fee immediately on booking or by the Due Date (see 7 below).
- The Registration Fee entitles each Delegate to one place at The Awards Event. All Registration Fees must be paid in GB Pounds Sterling (£)
- The Registration Fee does not include any travel costs, or any costs of accommodation. The Registration Fee relates solely to attendance at The Awards.
- A Delegate place at The Awards will be confirmed by the Organiser once the completed booking is received by the Organiser. Confirmation by the Organiser of the delegate place at The Awards forms a binding commitment for payment of the full Registration fees by the delegate.
- Delegate places at The Awards are limited. Places are subject to availability.
- Cancellations made more than 120 days prior to the Awards event will be refunded [less an administration charge of 20% of the total Registration Fees]. Cancellations received less than 120 days prior to the Awards event cannot be accepted and no refunds will be made.
- Substitutions can be requested by giving written notice to the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to accept or deny a request for Substitution.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel your Delegate place at any time and for whatever reason (including without limitation cancellation of The Awards) on repayment of the lesser of the Registration Fee, or if the Registration Fee has not been paid in full, the amount actually received by the Organiser; and this repayment shall be in full and final settlement of any claims against the Organiser by you relating to your Delegate place at The Awards.
- In the event of fire, flood or without limit other causes that the Organiser reasonably believes to be substantial or that are beyond the Organiser’s control, the Organiser reserves the right to change the times, dates and the venues of The Awards, without incurring any liability to you.
- The Organiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend or cancel sessions or events at any time.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and each party irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- These Terms and Conditions, together with the registration form, constitute the entire agreement of the parties. In entering into this agreement, the parties have not relied on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person other than as expressly set out in this agreement. Each Delegate shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the Terms and Conditions and shall be bound by them in all respects.
- To the full extent allowed by law and insofar as it is reasonable to do so, the Delegate agrees not to hold the Organiser liable for any damage or loss suffered or incurred by the Delegate during the course of The Awards, including consequential (i.e. losses which are not incurred as a direct consequence of the event leading to any claim) or indirect losses or loss of profit, through registering for The Awards, attending The Awards, alteration of The Awards schedule, cancellation of The Awards, or any error or omission on the part of the Organiser.
- The Delegate by accepting these Terms and Conditions hereby indemnifies the Organiser and its servants and agents against and hold it harmless from all or any loss or damage, injury, actions, proceedings or claims arising from any act or omission of the Delegate during the course of The Awards.
- Delegates are responsible for taking appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at The Awards. Where the Delegate is travelling from outside of the United Kingdom to attend The Awards, appropriate travel insurance should be purchased independently and in advance of any travel or travel bookings.
- Data Protection: In completing and submitting the registration form, Delegates agree (or it is agreed by the booker on their behalf) that the Organiser may periodically contact Delegates with details of events and services that may be of interest to them.
- The Organiser may also pass their names and contact details on to other organisations within the Organiser’s group or other third parties such as sponsors.
- In the event of inappropriate behaviour by any Delegate in the view of the Organiser or The. Awards venue operator, the Delegate may be refused entry to or asked to leave and excluded from The Awards without refund or compensation.
- Delegates may be asked to undergo reasonable security searches at The Awards venue